We are very proud of our ingredients list and in the spirit of transparency we include every ingredient we use to make Greenscents products. Every ingredient can be found on our product labels. If you have any questions about the ingredients in Greenscents products just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organic essential oils
- Eucalyptus citriodora is uplifting and calming with a wonderful lemon scent. It is a powerful fungicidal with anti-bacterial qualities. Eucalyptus citriodora is an excellent insect repellent.
- Lavendula hybrida is a variety of lavender that is particularly suited to steam distillation for the production of essential oils. Apart from its wonderful fresh herbaceous fragrance, Lavendula hybrida is anti-bacterial and antiseptic.
- Mentha piperita (peppermint) is always cool and fresh and is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, antiseptic and quite addictive!
- Mentha spicata (spearmint) blends perfectly with peppermint to add a little sweetness to the Greenscents minty fragrance.
- Citrus sinensis (orange oil) with its sweet, fresh aroma is anti-bacterial and antiseptic. It is the principal ingredient in the Greenscents citrus essential oil blend.
- Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) has a lovely woody herbaceous aroma and is antimicrobial and antiseptic.
- Citrus bergamia (bergamot) is a fabulous fragrance with a fresh fruity aroma and spicy floral undertones. Research has shown that Bergamot has powerful anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- Organic aloe vera leaf powder contains a wonderful mix of bioactive substances. The very best organic aloe vera is taken from the inner gel of the leaf. The leaves are washed and fileted then rinsed to remove aloin. Any pulp and fibres are removed before the aloe vera is freeze dried. The aloin content is less than 1 ppm.
Organic and natural ingredients
- Organic soap nut shells are natural, biodegradable and petro-chemical free cleansers. They are fruits that grow on trees in Nepal and India and are sometimes called soapberries. When water is added, Sapindus mukorossi releases saponins which form a natural surfactant. At Greenscents, we combine soap nuts with other ingredients to make a natural surfactant base.
- Shikakai shells come from Acacia concinna, a climbing shrub native to Asia, common in the warm plains of central and south India. The pods or shakakai shells are rich in saponins which are foam forming substances and are ideal to pair with soap nuts in our natural surfactant base.
- Organic potassium oleate is a liquid potassium soap, a natural constituent of sunflower oil that we use in our castile soap.
- Citric acid is a weak acid that occurs naturally in citrus fruits. We use it as an acidifier to adjust the pH of our products.
- Organic vegetable glycerine acts as a moisturiser, reduces skin irritation, protects against infection and boost wound healing. The ingredient we source is derived from organic rapeseed oil.
- Xanthan gum is produced when sugar is fermented with the bacterium xanthomonas campestris. At Greenscents we use it as a thickener and stabiliser.
- Organic neem oil is extracted naturally from seeds of the neem tree. Neem oil has anti-fungal and antibiotic properties which make it ideal for use in soaps and cleaning products.
- Decyl glucoside is a mild non-ionic surfactant used in cosmetics, baby products and is suitable for individuals with a sensitive skin. This cleanser is plant-derived, biodegradable, gentle and provides excellent foaming. The ingredient we source is palm oil free.
- Benzyl alcohol/dehydroacetic acid are both organic compounds which are accepted for use in natural cosmetics, offering a broad spectrum of stability at a wide range of pH. This preservative compound is a non-paraben, non-formaldehyde, non-isothiazolone based preservative system. It is an ideal preservative for Greenscents products.
- Organic cider vinegar is well known in the natural medicine chest. It has anti-bacterial properties and is a natural probiotic and antioxidant. Although cider vinegar will not kill all bacteria, it is a very useful ingredient in the Greenscents range. We source our organic vinegar from Aspall in Suffolk.
- Sucrose cocoate is a very mild surfactant, which is prepared from coconut oil fatty acids and sugar from sugar beets. It has foam stabilizing, skin conditioning and antistatic properties which makes it perfect as an ingredient in our laundry conditioners.
- Organic potassium cocoate is a natural surfactant that originates from coconut oil and is ideal for use in liquid soaps. Organic potassium cocoate is an ingredient in our castile soap.
- Organic potassium citrate is used in small quantities as a stabiliser (chelating agent) in our castile soap.