All Greenscents products include over 70% certified organic ingredients and meet the strict standards of compliance set down by The Soil Association. Every ingredient is as natural as possible and is checked and approved by The Soil Association.
Why choose Greenscents?
Compare the ingredients label on your eco-friendly products and see if they can match our ‘no nasties guarantee’.
- No Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate (SLES) which is banned by the Soil Association because of known skin irritation and possible carcinogenic links.
- No Alkyl Sulphates of any kind such as Sodium Octyl Sulphate or Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) or Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate (ALS) or Ammonium Laureth Sulphate (ALES) which are banned by the Soil Association. SLS is a known skin irritant and is possibly carcinogenic.
- No synthetic or artificial perfumes such as 2 bromo 2 nitropropane – 1,3, diol which has been banned in EU cosmetics and is known to trigger contact allergies such as eczema and dermatitis. Nitrosamines are considered to be suspect human carcinogens.
- No ethoxylation, sulphonation or propoxylation during manufacture. These processes are banned by The Soil Association. Greenscents products are made in small batches in our workshops in South West England.
- No palm oil or derivatives. All Greenscents products are certified palm oil free.
- No alcohol – ethyl alcohol is extremely drying and irritating to the skin.
- No gluten – there are no wheat proteins in any of our products which makes Greenscents ideal for those with gluten sensitivity.
- No animal products or derivatives such as whey, cetyl alcohol, gelatin, lanolin or animal lactic acid. All Greenscents products are suitable for vegans.
- No GMO’s (Genetically Modified Organisms) or SMO’s (Synthetically Modified Organisms).
- And no phosphates, no optical brighteners, no petroleum derived additives, no parabens, no enzymes, no chlorine bleaches, no phthalates, no formaldehyde, no synthetic dyes, no MI or MCI, no Triclosan.